Re: Re #405676

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 09:46, David Härdeman wrote:
> Wasn't this package kept in the archive just to not break d-i RC1?
>
> If so, now would perhaps be a good time remove the package as d-i RC1
> is broken anyways due to the old security key issue?

Not if we want to keep the option to release a Beta4 as suggested by Joey
on d-boot. IMO such a release should use the current kernel in testing
and thus needs the old aes modules.

Anyway, I don't see what removing it now solves except for the rather
cosmetic benefit of having one less RC bug listed for Etch.

Why is it so important to remove it now rather than when its replacement
is in place? This is in no way delaying the release, nor is it causing
any problems. We all know this package is going to be removed before the
release, so the bug is already virtually solved.

Let's concentrate on the real blockers rather than on trivial issues.