spamassassin 3.1.8

SpamAssassin 3.1.8 will be released shortly with a fix for
CVE-2007-0451, among other changes.

What I'd like to know is whether I should build a 3.1.7 package with
the backported security fix, or whether I should upload 3.1.8 to
unstable and ask that it be propogated to testing. What are the
guidelines in this area?

Here's a summary of the changes from 3.1.7 to 3.1.8:

3.1.8 is a major bug-fix release, including the following issues:

- bug 5318: set a maximum internal length for URIs
- bug 5240: disable perl module usage in update channels unless
  --allowplugins is specified
- bug 5288: files with names starting/ending in whitespace weren't usable
- bug 5056: remove Text::Wrap related code due to upstream issues
- bug 5145: update spamassassin and sa-learn to better deal with STDIN
- bug 5140 and 5179: improvements and bug fixes related to DomainKeys
  and DKIM support
- several updates for Received header parsing
- several documentation updates and random taint-variable related issues

If a backport is needed, do I upload 3.1.8 to unstable and then
3.1.7-2 to t-p-u or is it better to upload 3.1.7-2 and wait for it to
propogate before uploading 3.1.8.

Thanks,
--
Duncan Findlay