Re: maildrop lacking courier-authlib dependency on amd64, still

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 04:31:35AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > steve@vulcan:~$ dpkg -x maildrop_2.0.3-1_amd64.deb tmp/maildrop/
> > > steve@vulcan:~$ objdump -x tmp/maildrop/usr/bin/maildrop | grep auth
> > >   NEEDED      libcourierauth.so.0
> > >   RPATH       /usr/lib:/usr/lib/courier-authlib
>
> > You need to either:
> > - Fix dpkg-shlibdeps to look at all rpath entries.
> > - Prevent /usr/lib from being in the rpath, or atleast have
> >   /usr/lib/courier-authlib as first in it.
>
> > The suggested way for the later is upgrading your libtool
> > version.  It seems this was done _partialy_.  Lots of the aclocal.m4
> > files still contain old copies of it.
>
> Hrm, oh.  Sorry, cancelling the binNMU then.
>
> BTW, couldn't this also be addressed just by adding a
> -l/usr/lib/courier-authlib option to dh_shlibdeps?

Why does this only happen on amd64? I don't really want an
architecture-specific kludge in the package, let's fix the tools to be
consistent. Or at least produce useful error information (e.g. crapping out
instead of letting bad things pass).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.