Re: Please allow t-p-u upload for lua-posix

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:47:57AM +0100, Enrico Tassi wrote:
> Current vesion of lua-posix in etch has an RC bug (#409448) that can be
> solved with a two line patch. I've already prepared the package.

> The problem is a FTBFS, caused by an unclear (at least to me) transition
> of the unstable package in the already frozen etch:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2007/01/msg01287.html

No idea.  The unblock hint was added by Marc, and the tags in the BTS were
already in place documenting this sid-only status before 1.0-4 was uploaded.

> Since version 1.0-3 and 1.0-4 are essentially identical (only the test
> file has been modified) I've prepared a 1.0-3 version renamed
> 1.0-4etch1.

You would need to upload a new version to unstable first, so that the
condition testing <= unstable is maintained.

If it's not possible to produce a single lua-posix packages that's buildable
against both etch and sid, please upload a -5 to unstable for purposes of
bumping the version number, and then upload a -4etch1 to t-p-u.

Thanks,