Re: Please update ttf-dejavu

On Saturday 03 February 2007 06:51, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Either the fix is found and the new version gets hinted for
> testing...or it is not and the current 2.14 seems OK to me as its
> advantages are obvious for other languages. Just compare the
> readability:
>
> http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/screenshots/20061222_dejavu2.
>13/bn.png
> http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/screenshots/20070202_dejavu2.
>14/bn.png

To be honest, I'm not that happy with this change (of which I was so far
not aware). rootskel-gtk currently enlarges the font after language
selection for fonts that rendered too small.
Changes like this one mean that this needs to be reviewed and updated as
the larger base bn font means that it will most probably now be rendered
too big in the graphical installer.

So, no, I don't think dejavu should be hinted yet. I'd like to see a bit
more activity from the font people to check how things look _in_ the
graphical installer first.