Re: question on new mplayer
A Mennucc wrote:
I prepared a new version of MPlayer ; here is the discussion of the changelog;
item are in decreasing order of importance
* (possible) security fixes backported from SVN
7585 7586 7591 for libavcodec/h264.c
7640 7650 for libavformat/asf.c
all thanks to Michael Niedermeyer
I was asked by Moritz (of security) to apply those patches
and to try to get them into etch
* Czech debconf translation; thanks to Miroslav Kure (Closes: #408626).
* Portuguese debconf translation; thanks to Traduz! (Closes: #408449).
* Swedish debconf translation; thanks to Andreas Henriksson (Closes: #407864)
these are usually OK for etch
* binary_codecs.sh should specify umask;
thanks to Linas Žvirblis (Closes: #406346)
this is a very small change: I just added 'umask'
* clarify dependencies (do not pick up them randomly!),
thanks to EspeonEefi (Closes: #405170);
debian/rules: when configuring, disable also: arts , jack , aa , dv , smb
debian/control: depend on: lzo, speex, dts, ladspa, gl (mesa)
unfortunately mplayer's configure is quite good at picking
up dependencies ; and I do not have HD space to run a pbuilder;
so different versions of mplayer that I uploaded ended up being
randomly dependent to different libraries :->
I tried to fix that, and make sure that what I build is deterministic
(and coincides with what is autobuilt)
* the above adds opengl video output (Closes: #400934).
in the process, I added this dependency, as requested by an user.
please tell me if the above would be accepted into Etch ; if not,
please tell me what I may include and what not
Please upload so we can look at the actual diff, most things mentioned
look acceptable at first sight...