Re: Upload libgems-ruby to unstable to fix #406388

Hi Daigo,

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 08:59:13PM +0900, Daigo Moriwaki wrote:
> Hi team,

> A bug report told that libgems-ruby did not work well on s390. I have fixed it
> and upgraded a package from 0.9.0-5 to 0.9.0-6. How can I upload it?

> The package is available from my repository :
>   deb     http://debian.sgtpepper.net/ sid main
>   deb-src http://debian.sgtpepper.net/ sid main

> libgems-ruby1.8_0.9.0-6_all.deb
> libgems-ruby_0.9.0-6.diff.gz
> libgems-ruby_0.9.0-6.dsc
> libgems-ruby_0.9.0-6_amd64.changes
> libgems-ruby_0.9.0-6_amd64.upload
> libgems-ruby_0.9.0-6_source.changes
> rubygems_0.9.0-6_all.deb

+@@ -444,17 +444,17 @@
+             size = entry.size
+             yield entry
+             skip = (512 - (size % 512)) % 512
+-            if @io.respond_to? :seek
+-                # avoid reading...
+-                @io.seek(size - entry.bytes_read, IO::SEEK_CUR)
+-            else
++            #if @io.respond_to? :seek
++            #    # avoid reading...
++            #    @io.seek(size - entry.bytes_read, IO::SEEK_CUR)
++            #else
+                 pending = size - entry.bytes_read
+                 while pending > 0
+                     bread = @io.read([pending, 4096].min).size
+                     raise UnexpectedEOF if @io.eof?
+                     pending -= bread
+                 end
+-            end
++            #end
+             @io.read(skip) # discard trailing zeros
+             # make sure nobody can use #read, #getc or #rewind anymore
+             entry.close

Why is this the right fix?  If io.seek doesn't work right on s390, isn't
that a bug that should be fixed in ruby instead of working around it in
rubygems?

Thanks,