Re: Fix to #378346 has gone missing, complete with nasty version inconsistency in gail

        Hi,

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> But, according to the bug log at http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gail.html,
> that release is the following:
> gail (1.8.11-3) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
>    * Revert changes of 1.8.11-2 as release team explained that a simple
>      re-upload is enough for non-bin-NMU-able packages, and that bin-NMU-able
>      packages should be taken care of by them.
>    * Update watch file to track stable upstream releases.
>
>  -- Loic Minier <lool@dooz.org>  Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:59:56 +0200

 I think you looked at the experimental uploads.  I certainly didn't
 upload with "UNRELEASED" as the target dist and it certainly would be
 rejected by our archive software.

> And, as bug #406378 reports, the behavior of bug #378346 is indeed back.

 It seems like a similar problem indeed.  Whether it's the same, I can't
 tell yet for sure.

> Loic: if you concur in this diagnosis, can you please reassign #406378
> to gail appropriately?

 I don't think there's enough information to be sure that it is the same
 bug as #378346; it might even not be gail related.  I'll request the
 information to the submitter, especially a backtrace of the crash,
 preferably with debug symbols, is really needed.  If I don't get his
 reply, you're welcom to reassign to gail if you see the crash is in
 libgail.

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>