Re: May I upload dfsbuild to testing-proposed-updates?

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 11:51:09AM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:
> > I have prepared an update to dfsbuild that fixes 2 RC bugs: #404563 and
> > #404555.
>
> If your final patches look like the two patches in the BTS for these
> bugs, that should be fine. Please mail us again after you've uploaded
> the package.

Thanks, Marc. They are exactly those.  The package is uploaded:

From: Debian Installer <installer@ftp-master.debian.org>
To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
Subject: dfsbuild_0.99.3_i386.changes is NEW
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:32:02 +0000

(new) dfsbuild_0.99.3.dsc optional utils
(new) dfsbuild_0.99.3.tar.gz optional utils
(new) dfsbuild_0.99.3_i386.deb optional utils
Build Debian From Scratch CD/DVD images
 Debian From Scratch (DFS) is a live bootable CD that is designed to
 provide a fully-featured kernel and a fully-featured rescue environment.
 The rescue environment contains filesystem tools, editors, C development
 environment, etc.
 .
 dfsbuild is the program used to create the DFS CD image.  It is highly
 configurable and can be used to create other custom bootable CD or DVD
 images.  You can use dfsbuild to do something as simple as building a
 DFS CD with a custom kernel.  Or, you can customize the CD to include a
 completely different set of packages.
 .
 dfsbuild works by obtaining packages from your nearest Debian mirror.
 It will generate an ISO image that contains a bootable Debian system
 generated by installing those packages.  Also, it can place all the .debs
 and files needed by cdebootstrap in the image.  Thus, the
 generated image can be used to install the base Debian system on a PC as
 well.
 .
 On i386 and amd64 platforms, dfsbuild supports the Grub bootloader.
 .
 On Alpha, dfsbuild supports the aboot bootloader.
 .
 On PowerPC, dfsbuild supports the yaboot bootloader.
Changes: dfsbuild (0.99.3) testing-proposed-updates; urgency=high
 .
  * Scan both /usr/lib/grub and /lib/grub for grub bootloader
    files.  Patch from Lars Kruse.  Closes: #404563, #390801.
  * Guess name of Release file.  Patch from Lars Kruse.
    Closes: #404555, #399861.

Override entries for your package:

Announcing to debian-testing-changes@lists.debian.org
Closing bugs: 390801 399861 404555 404563

Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file.  It is ok otherwise, so please be patient.  New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.

You may have gotten the distribution wrong.  You'll get warnings above
if files already exist in other distributions.