Re: Scheduling linux-2.6 2.6.18-9

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 10:36:32AM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> quick update on current linux-2.6 state.

Thanks for this.

> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Frederik Schueler wrote:

> > I would like to schedule the upload of the next linux-2.6 2.6.18
> > version, with the following changes:

> > 1. new vserver patch, breaks ABI
> > 2. new Xen patch
> > 3. Activate PAE on i386 Xen subarch, breaks ABI
> > 4. arm changes
> > 5. 2.6.18.5 ABI breaking patch (Honour source routing for LVS-NAT)

> > - 2.6.16.X backports that are missing in 2.6.18.
> > - patch to fix cciss for external devices
> > - 2.6.18.6 stable series patches
> > - r8169 speed troubles
> > - mm alternative msync() fix

> seems all done inbetween, but needs testing and test-builds.

Does this mean the ABI changes are all settled, and we could potentially get
this uploaded to give other packages time to be rebuilt?

> > - latest 2.6.18 breaks swsusp on x41 (not critical but bad)
> works, must have been bad luck that day

> current open issues (please add if you know more):
> - bcm43xx ?backports?
> - hp amd64 acpi blacklists

I don't see any follow-ups from anyone adding more.  How about these two
issues in particular -- is there any progress on them, or is any help
needed?

Thanks,