Re: please unblock libpng 1.2.15~beta5-0

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 14:57:19 +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:

> * Josselin Mouette (joss@debian.org) [061215 13:46]:
> > The only sane solution if you want to get quickly to a releaseable state
> > is to go back to the last 1.2.8 package and to backport security fixes.
> > I've also explained more long-term solutions for the libpng madness on
> > my planet posting.
>
> Also, at least 5 packages FTBFS because of the change, and a couple of
> packages from sarge will just fail on execution because of the dropped
> symbols.
>
> In other words, I strongly recommend to go back to the most recent
> 1.2.8-package.
>
> Anibal, do you want to upload the package, or should I NMU it?

Hi,

I've prepared a package based on 1.2.8rel-7, with a patch for
CVE-2006-5793. No other security issues seem to be mentioned in the sid
package's changelog, but let me know if I've missed something.
Source package at
http://liafa.jussieu.fr/~jcristau/debian/libpng/libpng_1.2.8rel-7.1.dsc
and debdiff from 1.2.8rel-7 at
http://liafa.jussieu.fr/~jcristau/debian/libpng/libpng_1.2.8rel-7.1.debdiff