Re: XDG Menu Spec compliance

"Bastian, Waldo" <waldo.bastian@intel.com> writes:
> Josselin Mouette recently fixed gnome-menus, gnome-panel, bug-buddy and
> eel2 to use the proper "applications-merged" directory regardless of the
> prefix used for "*-applications.menu" in Debian CVS (unstable).
>
> Since it is the intention of LSB to require XDG Menu Spec compliance
> for LSB 3.2 I would like to ask the Debian release team to consider
> Josselin's changes for inclusion into etch as well.

gnome-menu looks OK-ish (though I don't understand the shlibs bump)
gnome-panel, bug-buddy and eel2 look fine.

I don't understand why only these few packages need to be fixed - what's
up with other packages (such as alacarte, for example)?

I haven't unblocked the packages yet, but the diffs look reasonable.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
9: GUI