Re: New Trac upstream release candidate

* Otavio Salvador (otavio@debian.org) [061211 11:48]:
> I would like to upload the new release candidate of Trac to unstable
> and move it to Etch and also the final upstream release of Trac if
> released soon since it's basically bugfixes and Trac team does a great
> job provinding security support to us later.
>
> The upstream bugs that were close are described at
> http://trac.edgewall.org/query?status=closed&milestone=0.10.3
>
> The debian bugs that will be close are:
>
>  #337243 #386415 #393226 #400489 #400826
>
> RM team, can I do that?

Ok, I'll just forward from IRC:
11:45 <otavio> I've sent a mail about trac package to d-r mailing list
11:46 <otavio> I'm talking with upstream right now to check when they'll
release 0.10.3 and I would like to get approval to it for etch
11:49 <aba> I don't think we can do that, unless it is a RC-bugfix-onlyx update
11:49 <aba> actually, trac has been carrying two RC bugs quite for some time now
11:49 <otavio> It has a lot of important fixes
11:49 <otavio> Yes, those will be solved on that update too
11:50 <aba> well, the issue is: the history of trac (i.e. the two RC bugs)
don't make me too optimistic how any new RC bugs will be handled, in case there
are any in 0.10.3.
11:50 <aba> if the old RC bugs would have been resolved very fast, it
might be different
11:51 <otavio> Well, I think you can trust me. I won't let trac stay with RC
bugs near of release
11:51 <otavio> Besides, I have support from upsteam for it too

So, in case you really want to have even a little chance: Show the
unified diff. As said in our mail to debian-devel-announce. But the time
for new upstream versions for Etch is really past now, with only *very*
*very* limited exceptions, so don't expect too much.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/