Re: Coordinating to let some TeX-related packages in: texlive-bin

Hi,

Danai pointed me to one more issue.

Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch> wrote:

>   * Apply patch from upstream to pdftex that allows it to work properly
>     with CJK fonts with their large number of subfonts.  Many thanks to
>     Thanh Han The <hanthethanh@gmail.com>, Jie Luo
>     <luojie@nlsde.buaa.edu.cn> for the patch and many others for
>     debugging, in particular Danai SAE-HAN (é<9F><93>é<81><94>è<80><90>)
>     <danai.sae-han@edpnet.be> who reminded me.
[...]
> the same patch as applied to tetex-bin-3.0-24 which is
> already in testing.  For tetex-bin, the bug was RC (and the package
> uploaded with high urgency) because it causes documents in Debian
> packages to fail and, hence, FTBFS bugs.  For texlive-bin, the bug is
> equally severe for users who want to use far-eastern languages (it makes
> the package unusable for this group), it was just not rated RC because
> no package build-depends on texlive-bin.

At least debian-reference (one of the packages that exibited that FTBFS)
already Build-Depends on either the teTeX or TeXlive system.  While it's
not a problem for autobuilders in etch, it's still incorrect as long as
this texlive patch is not in etch.  Danai wrote:

|> Indeed, I believe that this patch should really be included, since it
|> solves a serious FTBFS for the Debian documentation in Chinese and
|> Japanese, IMHO very important packages indeed.

Thanks for considering, Frank

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster