Please allow gnat-gps to migrate to Etch

- Sarge contains gnat-gps 2.1.0-4
- gnat-gps was removed from testing in August 2006 due to being RC-buggy
  (the package needed recompilation with the new compiler).
- gnat-gps 3.1.3-1 fixed that RC bug in October 2006, but introduced
  another grave bug (#393636).
- Unstable currently contains gnat-gps 4.0.1-3, which fixes #393636.
- gnat-gps is 11 days old (needed 10 days).
- Two buildd machines failed to build it because of configuration
  problems on those machines.  On powerpc, the build failed because of a
  bug in dpkg-dev (#390636) which struck only on that machine (malo) and
  is pending upload.  On sparc, the build was only attempted on Dec 6.
  The problem was that apt-get refused to install libcairo2 and
  libfontconfig1-dev, two build dependencies.  That was on spontini; a
  previous build (of -2) on auric succeeded; there were no build-dep
  changes between -2 and -3.
- I have contacted the maintainers of the buildd machines twice on
  November 30 (for powerpc) and December 7 (for both powerpc and sparc)
  but received no response.
- These two build failures, which are unrelated to the package itself,
  are the only reasons blocking it from migrating to testing.

I would like to push for a build on powerpc and sparc, and then request
that gnat-gps be allowed into testing.  Shipping Etch without gnat-gps
would be a major regression for Ada users.

Thanks.

PS. Could someone help me get the buildd maintainers to reshedule the
build on sparc and powerpc?

--
Ludovic Brenta.