Re: please hint lilypond 2.8.7 into testing

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 01:45:15PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> I would like to officially ask for an exception to the usual testing
> rules for lilypond, to allow 2.8.7 into testing, on those architectures
> where guile-1.8 works.  The architectures currently losing for guile-1.8
> are alpha, amd64, and ia64.

> I believe that alpha and ia64 are release candidates, as well, which
> means that the relevant guile-1.8 bugs *are* release critical, though
> they were marked "important".  This is an inconsistency.

For the record, release-criticality of build failures applies only to build
failures on release architectures where the package *previously* built
successfully, and I had never claimed otherwise in the case of guile-1.8.
That seems to have been the root of some confusion in this matter.

Is there any news on getting the guile-1.8 ia64 build failure fixed?