Re: Please allow gettext 0.16.1-1 in testing

Quoting Santiago Vila (sanvila@unex.es):

> * In the author's opinion, the jump from 0.15 to 0.16.1 should be smooth,
> compared with the jump from 0.14.6 to 0.15 (which caused problems because of
> msgfmt being more strict).
>
>   * Possible exception to the avobe: msgcmp, but almost nobody uses it.
>
>   * Real exception to the above: lintian, but a version which works with
>     gettext 0.16.1 is already in unstable and it's 6 days old.
>
> * It opens the door for automake-1.10, which is 45 days old, in case
> we would need to have it in testing (which I think it would be good,
> since some packages already in etch use automake-1.10 internally).

It also opens the door for using "--previous" in msgmerge which is an
incredibly useful feature for translators (when strings are fuzzied in
a PO, the former original string is put as a comment which makes easy
to track changes).

Having this in the Debian stable gettext will be great for us running
l10n robots on machines running stable after they've been upgraded to
etch.