Re: confusion

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Adam D Barratt <debian-release@adam-barratt.org.uk> writes:

>>> Oh, I thought ftp-master had to do that.  Thank you for the correction!
>
>> ftp-master (at least directly) handle removals from unstable and
>> experimental. They may well end up involved in removals from other
>> suites (particularly stable) but generally acting on the request of the
>> relevant release team or providing tools to allow them to manage things
>> themselves.
>
>> As a rule of thumb, if it (solely) affects testing you want to be
>> talking to the release team to start with.
>
> Aha.
>
> Although in this particuliar case, I believe the binaries would have to be
> removed from unstable as well, or otherwise testing propagation wouldn't
> pick up the package because it would be out of date on some platforms.

Indeed, you want to contact ftp-master for this kind of removals. The Release
Team will in these matter only remove packages from testing on all
architectures or force a package in testing which could break things on some
architectures (which is of course not recommended).

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D