Re: 2.6.19, kernel-package problems and what are our plans for etch ...

Teodor-Adrian MICU <teodor.micu@gmail.com> writes:

> I think it is a good ideea to adopt 2.6.19 for etch if its possible.

Please don't unless we can't avoid it.  Each time we bring in a new
kernel, those of us who maintain external kernel modules have to do a
bunch of work to catch up with all the API changes.  For full 2.6.19
support on all platforms I believe I'd need to pull patches from CVS for
OpenAFS, whereas the current packages are stable and functioning on
2.6.18.