Re: poppler-utils and pdftohtml

Ondřej Surý wrote:

> > pdftohtml (0.36-14) has Depends: poppler-utils to provide smooth
> > upgrades, but this makes it not moving to testing (since poppler-utils
> > has Conflicts: pdftohtml).
> >
> > Would it be possible to change that conflicts to pdftohtml < 0.36-14 ?
>
> poppler-utils has:
>
> Conflicts: xpdf-utils, pdftohtml
> Replaces: xpdf-utils, pdftohtml
> Provides: xpdf-utils, pdftohtml
>
> Are you sure that nothing will break if I make it versioned conflict?

CC'ing debian-release@ to be sure.

Background:

  We agreed, Ondrej (poppler-utils) and I (pdftohtml), to obsolete
  pdftohtml since poppler-utils now provide a binary of that name and
  security issues will be best dealt with poppler than another copy of
  xpdf code.

 * trying to update pdftohtml from 0.36-13 to 0.36-14 (candidate
    is 58 days old)
 * Updating pdftohtml makes 1 non-depending packages uninstallable
   on i386: pdftohtml

 -- http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=pdftohtml

To insure smooth upgrade, pdftohtml has been made a transitional
package, depending on poppler-utils (>= 0.4.5-1).

Thanks,

        Frederic