Re: Need advice regarding gettext 0.15

Hi Santiago,

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 06:49:14PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:

> In order not to repeat sarge mistakes, I have a simple question for
> the release managers: Am I in time to upload gettext 0.15?

Sorry for not getting back to you in a timely manner on this.  Yes,
uploading gettext 0.15 was reasonable; however, we do seem to have a number
of packages that are now failing to build with the new version in addition
to the already-fixed shadow.  So since it doesn't block anything else, for
the time being I'm going to hold the new version of gettext out of etch to
give us time to find and fix the new FTBFS bugs it causes.  I'll open a
serious bug against gettext to document this, and block it on the bugs for
the other build failures.

All of the new checks in 0.15 certainly seem to be a good idea, we just
don't necessarily want them to hold up the release.

Thanks,