Re: Request For Permission To Upload Xorg 7.1 To Unstable

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 11:00:25PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> - x11proto-fixes, libxfixes, and the server and drivers all need to be
>   uploaded together; you're free to do this as soon as the IgnoreABI patch
>   is tested and mesa is sorted out.  libxfixes has about 500
>   reverse-dependencies in testing that will be affected by the shlibs bump,
>   but AFAICS libxfixes is tied to the server only by build-deps, which means
>   the server won't delay getting the libxfixes update into unstable.  (if
>   anyone has reason to believe otherwise, please speak up!)

Ok everyone, let's plan on making sure all the libs aside from xfixes are
building on all arches and well on their way to testing before doing this
part. I know it's not required to get the server in, but I'd rather take
advantage of the fact that we're modular now and make sure the lib piecees
are all settled before we move the server and drivers.

 - David Nusinow