Re: nvidia-graphics-drivers in Etch (was Re: Request For Permission To Upload Xorg 7.1 To Unstable)

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 17:48 -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:

> I'm not sure what was the status when you sent that mail, but now NVIDIA
> released updated drivers for X.Org 7.1. So this is on Randall's side now
> (#384608).

This is currently what I working on right now. They should hit this
weekend sometime.

> Note that since nvidia-graphics-drivers was removed from testing, only
> the legacy drivers are an issue. And even these drivers are RC-buggy per
> #372252. As this has been the case since months, I think it's clear that
> nobody cares about the NVIDIA 3D graphics drivers, they will unlikely
> release in Etch, so they can be ignored for release issues.

That's a quite interesting statement coming from you. Anyways I do see
etch releasing with proper matching nvidia packages as long as it is
within my control to create them (i.e. I can only release what upstream
does) and as I said 7.1 drivers should hit unstable this weekend
possibly with an RC bug fix or two.

Regards,
randy

--