Re: HAL needed by Konqueror in kde-desktop

reassign 384663 konqueror
thanks

Stephen Frazier a écrit :

I installed ETCH from Aug 21 businesscard iso. My preseed file selects tasks standard, kde-desktop.

When I tried to open a floppy disk with Konqueror it issued a message saying that HAL was needed. I installed HAL using aptitude and after rebooting Konqueror was able to open the floppy disk.

I think HAL should be added to the list of package that are installed by tasksel when kde-desktop is selected.

Is this the right list to post this request? If not which one should I use?

No. You shouldn't use any list, but send a bug report, as you did, but against the wrong package. If konqueror is buggy, then the bug should be against konqueror.