Re: please don't remove skkdic

Tatsuya Kinoshita wrote:

> Hi, Frank and the release team,
>
> On August 6, 2006 at 3:08PM -0600,
> noreply (at henning.makholm.net) wrote:
>
>>   HINTED FOR REMOVAL: skkdic 20040323-1.1
>>     <http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/djpig>
>>     # lets get this moving, #272127
>
> This moving (migration from freecdb to tinycdb) was done and RC
> bugs were fixed in skkdic 20040323-2, and the package is now well
> maintained.  Please don't remove the skkdic package.

This is "removal from testing", not "removal from unstable".  Removing the
old version from 'testing' in some cases can make the new version get
into 'testing' *faster*.

In this case, however, it doesn't seem to be working.  Let's look into why
the new version has not made it into 'testing'.  I can't see any reason why
not.  Maybe someone else on -release can figure out how to get the new
version in.

Perhaps just a simple hint like

easy skkdic/20060813-1

will do the trick?  In any case, the removal hint for skkdic (which exists
so that freecdb can be removed) should be unneeded if we can get the new
version in.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...