Re: Decision about oot-modules for etch

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> writes:

> Can you make an announcement to all oot-module maintainers, telling them
> that they should put their packages together into linux-modules-extra
> (for main) or a similar one for contrib, and if they're not doing it,
> they will end up in an unsupported (no updates for point-releases, no
> updates for kernel ABI bump updates) package.

I have no idea how I would do this for OpenAFS.  On the other hand,
OpenAFS right now doesn't ship binary kernel module packages since doing
so with the ever changing package names is really too hard.  I'd love to
change that, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of progress on providing a
mechanism to do so.