Re: Etch timeline is unrealistic because non-free firmware is NOT being dealt with

md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:

> I see that the lawyers of SuSE and Red Hat do not believe this to be
> true or at least do not consider it a problem, and this is enough for
> me to ignore the opinion of the debian-legal@ armchair lawyers.

We already know that the lawyers of SuSE and Red Hat often take a more
lenient view than Debian (see the old KDE controversy for an
example).  I believe that this can be explained by the simple
observation that they are content as long as they don't get sued,
whereas we do our best to follow the licenses whether there is a
likelihood of getting sued or not.

Thomas