Re: Not very happy with new directfb upload

On Saturday 29 July 2006 23:45, Joey Hess wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > Reason is that libcairo still depends on -24 and thus d-i builds
> > currently fail as that version is no longer available.
> > Also, this means that the new directfb has to migrate to testing
> > before we can release d-i, which in turn means that all packages that
> > depend on directfb have to be able to migrate.
>
> Is there any reason that the new directfb really needs to be in
> testing? It's included in the g-i udebs, as long as they're internally
> consistent it can get to testing later.

Well, that was a nice idea, but I'm afraid it is not correct. Just tried a
build with intention to upload, but it seems that during an official
build udebs are fetched from etch, not sid...

So AFAICT we do need all udebs used in any initrd to have migrated to
testing.