Re: Decision about oot-modules for etch

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> writes:
> Atm, there are the following questions open:
>
>   * What is the ETA for the linux-modules-extra package in the archive?

That is something the kernel team needs to plan, the release team has no
schedule for it. It's not an explicit release target or goal, but it
would be nice if we could include this in etch, to reduce the pain.

>   * Will be oot-modules in main outside of the linux-modules-extra be
>     removed by the release-team for etch?

This is not planned at the moment.

>   * Will there be something similar for contrib modules too (e.g.
>     linux-modules-contrib)?

-> kernel team.

>   * If no conglomeration package for contrib modules, will oot-modules
>     of contrib be removed by the release-team for etch?

No.

>   * If contrib oot-modules outside of a conglomeration packages will not
>     be removed, will it be possible to have updates to the usual
>     conditions for point-releases, or, will this be refused for
>     oot-modules of contrib given no contrib-conglomeration package is
>     done?

-> stable release team. The one member sitting next to me agreed that
updates will be allowed to enter stable point releases iff the fixed
issues confirm to the usual fix policy (eg. fixes broken arch, fixes
something considered rc, doesn't break stuff)

Marc
--
BOFH #320:
You've been infected by the Telescoping Hubble virus.