Re: Packages awaiting proposed-updates moderation

        Hi,

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> for those who wonder why their package did not yet hit proposed-updates,
> they want to have a look on [1] and [2].

 That's great, thanks!

 I don't quite understand the various steps that a package traverses
 when uploaded to SPU.  Is some document explaining that?  In short, I
 would just like to understand the number of steps, the human-triggered
 transitions, and the public visibility, for example:
 - package gets uploaded
 - package gets installed in archive <foo> which is visible to the
   stable team
 - package gets approved by the stable team
 - package gets installed in archive <bar> which is visible to the
   ftpmasters
 - package gets installed in the stable archive by the ftpmasters

 Perhaps this is what the (?) and (V) logos on the proposed-updates page
 show?

 The reason I ask is because I'd like to know as a maintainer where I
 can look for the state of progress of stable uploads towards being
 installed in the stable archive.  The page you pointed at seems the
 good resource, but I'm not sure of the process stable uploads exactly
 follow internally.

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>