Re: Decision about oot-modules for etch

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 12:46:09PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:

> As stated in [1], there are though about to not allow other oot-modules
> in main outside of the conglomeration package for etch.

> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2006/06/msg00441.html

I don't see anything of the sort stated there, and it's not the kernel
team's place to disallow such packages anyway.

> As discussed on IRC at the end of june with aba and HE, they are in
> favour to dropp those modules from the release-team point of view.

Sure, the release team is always in favor of strategies that make
maintenance easier.

>   * If no conglomeration package for contrib modules, will oot-modules
>     of contrib be removed by the release-team for etch?

Why would they be unless they're broken at the time of release (i.e., built
for the wrong kernel)?