Re: Decision about oot-modules for etch

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 12:46:09PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
>   * What is the ETA for the linux-modules-extra package in the archive?

I'm just finished with my exams, so I hope I can get it finished this
week.

>   * Will there be something similar for contrib modules too (e.g.
>     linux-modules-contrib)?

If really needed, this is possible. If I understand Ganneff correctly,
it is even possible to have a source package in main which builds
binaries for contrib under some conditions.

> [2] The ipw drivers are in the kernel mainline (ipw3945 will hopefully
>     follow soon).

Only if they remove the dependency on the binary-only deamon. I'm
currently doing this for my own anyway.

Bastian

--
Only a fool fights in a burning house.
		-- Kank the Klingon, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown