Re: Intend to fix #282492 (iproute) for stable

hello julien,

> The severity is not actually considered critical,
> and the fix is quite "ugly".

the fix is taken from upstream branch and should be distributed in
unstable.

> Furthermore, if I understand correctly, it only appears with kernel >=
> 2.6.8, which is the one furnished by Debian with sarge.
> So we may consider that this bug does not affect sarge.

2.6.8 is routenly replaced with newer, due to the mem pressure
troubles for example (list ist too long..)

iproute should work with higher Debian kernels as the ones provided
on backports.org.
fedora/rh don't compile atm as modules and are thus not affected.

i'd be happy if you reconsider.

--
maks