Re: s390 uninstallability review

* Frans Pop (aragorn@tiscali.nl) [060717 16:26]:
> (No need to CC me, I'm subscribed to d-release)
>
> On Monday 17 July 2006 13:32, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > > The real problem here is that the latest security updates in stable
> > > have not been installed for unstable/testing too for packages that
> > > don't have a more recent version there.
> > > Solving that problem would also fix the uninstallability of these
> > > meta packages. Quite a few other packages are affected too.
> >
> > Well, couldn't we just kill the 2.4-kernel-related packages from
> > unstable/testing?
>
> First: how does that address the current rather structural problem of the
> lack of propagation of stable security updates to testing/unstable?

if there are no packages in testing/unstable, we don't need propagation
any more? (Of course, that doesn't solve it for the other packages, or
even just general "how to accept packages for stable", and I'm really
unhappy that adding the new scripts takes this long - but that's not
s390-related any more.)

> Second: no, not yet, as that would break D-I beta 2 installations (as was
> already discussed on IRC with Bastian this morning).

Oh, ok. So, we kill them just after the next beta/RC?

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/