Please unblock testing migration of postgresql-7.4

Hi Debian release team,

according to [1] postgresql-7.4 has recently been blocked to go into
testing. However, the current testing version is months old and has
open security holes, so it is crucial that Etch is not released with
7.4.9.

The reason for not going into testing for so long is trouble on mips
and mipsel. Please see [2] for details. This continues to be unsolved,
but I worked around the problem for now by having mips and mipsel
binaries for postgresql-7.4 removed from testing and unstable. Now
only [3] needs to be done (removing mipsen binaries for
postgresql-plruby and plr, and probably postgresql-pljava) until
postgresql-7.4 can finally enter testing.

Please unblock the testing migration. Thank you for your
consideration!

Please do not hesitate to ask me any further questions (you can also
IRC-ping me, I'm pitti in #d-d).

Thanks,

Martin
(please CC me, I'm not subscribed)

[1] http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=postgresql-7.4

Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?