Re: keeping old library versions in testing

Hi,

* Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org) [060708 23:00]:
> [...]
> Ok, that was what I wanted to have. This patch would reduce the amount
> to bring in transitions into testing dramatically.
> [...]
> I'm not really a dpkg hacker, but it *seems* to me that this doesn't
> generate memory pollution. Of course, I could easily be wrong - but
> then, I should take a look when I didn't just come back from a 6 day
> trip.

Unfortunatly, it seems to spoil something else. I have yet to find out
what exactly, but when running on real data, it tries to e.g. update
3dchess/i386 in testing - but the versions are in exact sync.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/