Re: [Pkg-pciutils-discuss] Re: Updating of pci.ids in Etch

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 09:37:53AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
On Sunday 18 June 2006 00:27, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
Indeed.  How about compressing it?
[...]
It shouldn't be hard to bolt a gunzip decompressor into libpci.
That looks excellent. And the (slight) performance reduction should not really be an issue for lspci.
Optionally, you could do that only for the udeb.

I've done a patch and sent it upstream; I opted not to cc debian-release
on it because it's likely to be irrelevant to you guys.

Would it be possible to send me the patch? I am interested to do the same in lsusb.

Thanks,
Aurelien