Re: powerpc64, multiarch vs biarch and etch ...

* Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) [060604 21:40]:
> On Sat, 03 Jun 2006, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > There just is no anti-multiarch movement that needs a change of
> > mind. Apart from ftp-master blocking the glibc split there has only
> > been inaction or disintrest but no opposition.
>
> So submitting patches (like you do) is the right thing to do and will
> bring result since the maintainers are not opposed to it.
>
> In fact, everyone is for multi-arch but there's no consensus on the best
> way to do it within core tools like dpkg.

Usually, the best way to do it is just to show that it works. Feel free
to set up multiarch.debian.net, and show how it looks like. If someone
needs a dak setup, I'm willing to help there.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/