Re: Easy removals B-G reminder

severity 340609 normal
thanks

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 06:19:16PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> > # 340609
> > remove fai/2.10.1

> I'm not horribly impressed by the severity of this bug.  Yeah, it would be
> nice to use a more appropriate FHS directory, but given that as near as I
> can tell from the bug log, this FHS violation happens only during
> installation, it doesn't seem like a big deal.  I'm also not sure why
> Steve upgraded it again for being downgraded without an explanation; the
> response from Holger looks like an explanation to me.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about fai FHS compliance that's not
represented in this particular bug log.  I'm not sure if that's because
there were other bugs on fai that were already fixed, or if the emails
simply did not get cc:ed over here.

Anyway, at the time I re-upgraded the bug, I was under the impression that
one of the problems here was that using /mnt2 could potentially collide with
existing local directories as set up by the admin.  Upon rereading, I see
that the bug log claims this mount point is only used when setting up the
client instance, such that there's zero chance of a conflict with user
mountpoints.  If that's true, then I agree we're fine here and don't
actually need to worry about FHS conflicts.

Thanks,