Re: sparc buildd issues [Re: Release candidate architecture requalification results; amd64 is RC]

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 02:18:43PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > sparc will be removed from consideration until we no longer have to
> > worry about OpenOffice builds (or other intensive package builds)
> > crashing the buildd machines.
>
> I have a few Ultra5 machines available, as well as sufficient memory, disk
> and bandwidth to support expansion. I could probably also get a 280R

Yesterday I decommissioned that 280R and it's now waiting in a storage room.
I'll find some extra disks and plug them in, as well as a permanent place in
a network rack.

I don't know what kind of memory these machines use, and judging by the
price of extra CPUs I doubt I'll be able to afford buying more, but
otherwise this is a machine stronger than either vore or spontini.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.