Re: Developer accessible SPARC machine

In article <[🔎] 20060104082257.GF19875@tennyson.dodds.net>
vorlon@debian.org writes:
>On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 04:35:30PM -0800, Andrew Pollock wrote:
>I think an Ultra 5 is probably a little light for our purposes:

Vore has a 300Mhz Ultra II CPU, and SCSI disks.  An Ultra 5 has an
Ultra IIi between 270Mhz and 440Mhz.  The crappy IDE controler on the
Ultra 5, the slow disks it usualy has, the small cache on the 270Mhz
and 360Mhz models, the max of 512 Megs of memory limit (1 gig with
low-profile third party), and the general low quality for sun design
are the reasons I wouldn't recomend one.
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html