Re: Please allow mozplugger and mplayerplug-in into testing

Hi Ari,

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 04:33:22PM -0500, Ari Pollak wrote:
> The current versions of mozplugger and mplayerplug-in in unstable were
> uploaded before the freeze, but didn't have enough time to make it into
> etch before the freeze. They add support for iceape-browser and iceweasel,
> so I'd like to request that they go into etch. They do drop support for
> the old mozilla-browser and iceweasel, so ideally mozplugger and
> mplayerplug-in would migrate after mozilla-browser and iceweasel got into
> etch.

Is there any particular reason it was necessary for them to drop support for
mozilla-browser and firefox?  Given the list of alternatives in the
Depends, the only way to keep these packages from being updated before
iceweasel is in is by not unblocking them until afterwards.

Though looking at the diff for mozplugger, it looks like the only
substitution is mozilla-browser -> iceape-browser, and mozilla-browser isn't
in testing now anyway, so there doesn't seem to be much harm in that...

And for mplayerplug-in, it looks like the .orig.tar.gz is still stuck in
contrib because there was no new upstream version number when the package
was moved from contrib to main.  Could you please re-roll the package with a
distinguishing upstream version number and no other changes, so that this
problem can be fixed?  (I'm afraid mplayerplug-in will have to wait for a
little while anyway, because there have been delays getting an up-to-date
build of mplayer on arm.)

Thanks,