Re: please unblock libpng 1.2.15~beta5-0

Hi!

It looks like that we will get libpng 1.2.8 back to Etch, right?
But one of my packages (optipng) needs at least libpng 1.2.9 (it needs
png_get_uint_32 and png_save_uint_32).

When version 1.2.8 gets uploaded, probably optipng will FTBFS and I will
upload a new version statically linked against it's own libpng (version
1.2.12), we will have another copy of libpng on the archive, the
security team will have to support libpng 1.2.8 (Etch's default) and my
copy of libpng (that just my package will use), I will have to listen to
a lot of people saying "Why do you link statically?", then I will have
to (try to) explain, etc etc etc.

Do you have a better idea than statically linking against libpng?

(Sorry if I am looking rude, it's not my intention; I just want to avoid
problems)

Thank you!

Best regards,
Nelson