Re: kernel-patch-openvz

Hi again

Sorry to disturb, but now I have made a new version that I have uploaded
to testing-proposed-updates. The reason for that is that I will soon
upload a new version to unstable as well.

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 11:26:06PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 06:42:27AM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> > I assume that you are very busy, but did my reasoning makes sense
> > or do I have to do in some other way in order to get the package
> > to testing?
>
> A 92000 line interdiff for a single important bug is probably not going to
> be accepted, sorry.  I believe this is what Andreas already said.  We want
> to help maintainers get as many important bugs fixed for release as
> possible, but the release team's time is limited, and we do need to remain
> focused on actual release issues -- a 92 kloc interdiff for an important bug
> is not consistent with that.

That is ok with me. I just to check if it was acceptable with a
description of the change I made.

> > I also want to know if you will accept 2.6.18-8 of the linux kernel
> > as you have to accept a not yet existing version to testing then.
>
> I don't think any decision has been made yet about this kernel version.

I see. Then I have decided to upload the fix for testing/etch to
testing-proposed-updates and the fix for unstable (i.e. kernel version
in unstable) to unstable.

Regards,

// Ola

> --
> Steve Langasek                   Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
> Debian Developer                   to set it on, and I can move the world.
> vorlon@debian.org                                   http://www.debian.org/

/  opal@debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  ola@opalsys.net                     654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://opalsys.net/                 UIN/icq: 4912500         |