Re: fvwm1, bug 392814, version 1.24r-51 fixes problem with UTF-8 locales

Hi Phil,

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 11:08:13PM +0000, Phil Brooke wrote:
> fvwm1/1.24r-51 fixes a severity: important bug (392814) of priority:
> extra.  fvwm1 was effectively unusable with UTF-8 locales (the default for
> etch).  I uploaded fvwm1/1.24r-51 to unstable earlier this evening.

> Can this version be accepted for etch?

Well, the patch is short, but given that it's a change to a preprocessor
define, looking at the diff doesn't really give me insight into what's
changed and what affect it will really have. :)  Does this patch have
consequences for users who are successfully using fvwm localization in
non-UTF8 locales today?

Based on the bug log, I guess fvwm will continue to be usable in iso8859-1
locales, which is roughly the case today anyway, and the added patch will
also get utf8 locales working as long as they use a latin1 subset of
characters for the menus?

Thanks,