Re: Some packages that may enter testing.

Le samedi 16 décembre 2006 14:48, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt a écrit :
> > linuxdcpp: Upstream has corrected a security issue, according to [1]
> > This package may add two additional issues that I have to tell you about:
> > * The dcpp core has been updated, hence the binary package name should be
> > changed. I want to switch back to linuxdcpp now that the 0.691 is no more
> > needed (was for non backward compatibility means). But I feel this as a
> > minor issue, and such package would have to go through NEW again so mays
> > be too long.
> > * The binary now links against libssl0.9.8
>
> I have and will not accept this package in its current state. The number
> of fixes is too big and the diff is not reviewable in a reasonable
> time. Please isolate a fix for the security issue (and whatever else you
> consider to be an important bug) and give us the package for review.

Well, the core upgrade IS the bug correction. Also, the core is at first a
windows program, adapted for linux, on top of which runs the GTK GUI.
In other words, to the windows code is also modified for linux, so that makes
a very hard sum of changes to parse for isolating the security fix.

Anyway, I will have a look at that, but I'm not sure I'll have a lot of time
for it.

Romain
--
In the beginning, there was but one concept,
And that's the concept of I.