Re: please hint xfce4-session into testing

On mar, 2006-12-12 at 12:27 +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> I strongly recommend against re-uploading packages with so many
> changes
> to fix bugs we don't mind for etch.

By "reuploading" I guess you mean the -2 upload. I don't understand the
"so many changes". We just drop libhal-dev build-dep which was useless
anyway. By the time it was uploaded we didn't know about the freeze (the
'real' one), and as I am not a DD I can't upload when I want.

> Now you have a dependency on the new
> libpng where we are not sure yet whether it will go in or not.

That's bad, and I can understand that, but how could I've known that ?

> So, this is at least a no for now, and I doubt it will become a yes
> later on.

Mpf. So it won't use default Etch artwork for splashscreen. Thanks
anyway.

Regards,

--
Yves-Alexis Perez