Re: Hint for autodir (closes RC) and comments about linux-kernel-headers

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 12:22:18PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> can we please have some comment on that from the kernel side?

linux-kernel-headers is not the domain auf the kernel team but of the
glibc team.

> > <frankie> FYI: #399454 is essentially a bug in the auto_fs4.h header
> > file, as resulted by talking with autofs and autodir upstreams (API
> > breakage due to a change in a union used both in v4 and
> > v5). The issue potentially impact any program built on
> > 2.6.17+ and depending on auto_fs4.h.

autofs_packet_union was changed, but this will only affect the size of
the whole thing. Also it changes the version to 5 always.

> > <frankie> autofs upstream is fixing on his side for the kernel, but I
> > wonder if we need to fix as well etch linux-kernel-headers

Bug the glibc people. They will likely just remove that header.

Bastian

--
Each kiss is as the first.
		-- Miramanee, Kirk's wife, "The Paradise Syndrome",