Please reconsider mantis for inclusion into etch

Hi people,

short time ago I've adopted the mantis package as it has been poorly
maintained in the while ago. Now there _is_ a well-improved, almost all
bugs-closing release in unstable, which seems to be blocked for
inclusion into etch.

For me, this does not make much sense. Because i don't think it is good
to argue with popcon statistics here, as imho mantis is used in areas,
where people are not likely to participate in popcon.
As an example: We *do* use mantis in our company (which proves my
interest in having a well-maintained mantis package) but we don't
participate by popcon with *any* of our machines. That is because our
CEOs would not want that. I am pretty sure, that there are many other
users of mantis which are not known by the popcon. Otherwise: There
*are* users using mantis as far as popcon knows. Therefore somebody
should take care for mantis shouldn't he?

Therefore i would kindly ask to reconsider mantis for inclusion into
etch. Please CC me off-list, as i am not subscribed to debian-release.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards

Patrick Schönfeld