Re: confusion

* Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org) [061203 20:15]:
> Adam D Barratt <debian-release@adam-barratt.org.uk> writes:
> > On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 22:45 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> >> So, if that's the case, wouldn't the next step be to file a bug with
> >> ftpmaster requesting the removal of the 64-bit builds of the old
> >> version of lilypond from testing, after which the new lilypond would
> >> propagate to testing automatically since it would no longer be breaking
> >> those architectures?
>
> > s/file a bug with ftpmaster/mail debian-release/ :)
>
> Oh, I thought ftp-master had to do that.  Thank you for the correction!

You were correct:

Removal of packages is *only* done via ftp-team (bug against
ftp.debian.org). The only exceptions are:
1. Removal of full packages (source + all binaries) from testing
-> release team
2. Removal of left over source or binary packages from unstable
-> semi-automatic via ftp-team

Cheers,
Andi
--